Thursday, June 1, 2017

Food Flavored Song of the Day: Coca Cola by Animal House

Special K and I were out stroller walking this morning when we noticed a Pepsi truck up ahead. There was a man in the process of emptying said truck. He stopped and eyed us suspiciously. I gave him the universal symbol for "don't worry, I'm not here to steal your emoji covered soda because I'm much more interested in the brand with the bottle that can act as a detachable festival bracelet." He still seemed a bit dubious. So, to better ease his mind, I pulled out my phone and loaded up "Coca Cola" from Animal House. I let the chorus rip:

"With Coca Cola we know how to party, with Coca Cola we know how to sing."

This seemed to do the trick. The truck worker nodded and returned to unloading while Special K and I continued on our emoji free way.

"Coca Cola" by Animal House is cheeky as a baby, raucous as an inebriated seaman and catchy as the flu. It, along with the rest of Animal House's catalog, seems to exist to show/remind people that it is ok to get off your ass and dance wildly to guitar music. The band is gearing up for the release of their new EP Hot Bodies. The EP, which features "Coca Cola", is a cohesive and well-thought-out barrel of guitars, shakers and raspy, sexy vocals. It is also marvelously stupid and perfectly satisfying on a hot day.


No comments:

Post a Comment